Welcome to the William Lindsay House, 1912, Grand Dame of the Verdugo Woodlands. This historic prairie plantation-style American foursquare home is situated on an expansive lot sized just under three-quarters of an acre. With beautiful original fixtures, including hardwood oak floors and dramatic natural mahogany moulding, this four bedroom, three and a half bathroom residence maintains much of its authentic charm.In addition, the sprawling property offers a detached one bedroom, one bath, 434 square foot guest unit with mature oak trees, plenty of gated off-street private parking, pool, patio area, and newly fenced-in yard. Not included in the square footage is 1,447 square feet of multi-functional basement space, which covers the full footprint of the home.
Two stories of wrap-around porches and towering porte-cochere with haint blue ceilings and flickering hanging lanterns provide an ideal setting for relaxing in rocking chairs while sipping sweet tea. Designed by Alfred Priest, Architect, the property is a candidate for the Mills Act property tax savings program and inclusion on the Glendale Historic Register.
- Lot size: 31,129 square feet
- Main House: 3,479 Square feet
- Basement: 1,447 square feet
- Guest Unit: 434 square feet, 1 Bedroom, Full Bath and Kitchenette
- Possible CA Mills Act Property Tax Savings Program, Glendale Niodrara Historic District
- Updates include: New Roof, Seismic Retrofit, New Irrigation, New Fence
- Mountain views from master balcony
- Fruit Trees on Property: citrus, persimmon, and olive
- Short distance to local schools, parks, hiking, and more